Here are just a few facts about me:
• I love to write, and I have fun doing it! I especially enjoy the relationships with clients as we work together to craft just the right piece. I’ve worked with all types of clients, from start-ups to established companies.
• I love living in Memphis, TN, a great place with a wonderful arts and music scene, plenty of amazing restaurants, and some of the friendliest people in the world. I am a Mississippi girl at heart though! There is no place like the Deep South for warm smiles, big hugs, and truly good manners.
• I love to read. In fact, it is safe to say I NEED to read. I enjoy all genres, except gory true-life crime. On Sunday afternoons, I like to snuggle up with a cozy English mystery. You can’t beat the classics (I am a big Jane Austen fan), but I’m always on the lookout for something fresh in fiction.
• I love college football. When the weather gets that hint of fall in the air, and the leaves began to glow red and yellow, I’m ready to start tailgating. I married into a dyed-in-the-orange-wool University of Tennessee family, so I know all the words to Rocky Top and sing it with gusto – but I do not look good in orange! I look great in maroon, and proudly wear it to show my support of the Mississippi State University Bulldogs.
• I love to travel, and I enjoy the new opportunities for writing that travel brings. I’m adding journal entries about my travel experiences as I go, so you can read about my trips on my journal page.
• Most of all, I love my family! My wonderfully supportive husband and I have been married over twenty years, and we are the fortunate parents of amazing twins. My children are the reason I started in this profession. When they were born, I wanted nothing more than to stay home with them, but I soon realized I needed a creative outlet. I started out very small, working for just one or two clients. As my twins have grown, so has my business.
• I love meeting new people, so if you are looking for a professional website copywriter, freelance contributor to your next magazine issue, or creative copywriting for your newsletter, email blast, or promotional brochure, contact me!